We are always updating this page so be sure and check back often!
Aromatic Science and PubMed are two excellent resources for finding research studies on essential oils.
There has been a significant growth in the number and quality of research regarding essential oils published over the past 20 years. Research is being conducted regarding the efficacy of essential oils with very promising results on a broad spectrum of wellness related subjects including insomnia, anxiety, infections, viruses, pain, digestion, inflammation and many, many others. Browse or search these resources to get a glimpse of the growing knowledge base regarding essential oils.
A good source for finding understandable research regarding essential oils is AromaticScience.com
Aromaticscience.com has a dynamic library of essential oil information. Research and medical professionals are doing innovative work with these valuable plant compounds at a rapidly increasing rate. Finding research has never been easier.
PubMed comprises more than 23 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Essential Oils Resources
New to essential oils? Well, I have a few good DIY recipes to get you started. I also have some resources where you can learn about them and get your questions answered! Click on each one to see my favorite sources.
My Favorite Carrier Oil
- Fractionated Coconut Oil – A safe coconut oil that has the fat removed so it will stay in a liquid state.
Essential Oil Companies I Trust
Recommended supplies and products
- shea butter
- almond oil
- jojoba oil
- coconut oil
- bentonite clay
- raw honey
- glass cosmetic jars
- lip balm tubes
- diffuser for essential oils
- glass medicine droppers
- roll on bottles you can fill with any diluted blend for easy application
- sample sized amber essential oil bottles (to put in your purse or travel bag)
- glass spray bottles
- round steel tins for salves and lip balms
- Epsom salt for detox baths
- Essential Oil Travel Bag (the cheapest & cutest one I could find!)
- Silicone Mold for essential oil treats and oil pulling chews
- Wool Dryer Balls – a laundry essential that cuts down drying time & eliminates wrinkles naturally
- Diffuser Necklaces – a beautiful way to carry your aromatherapy with you
- Healing Oils Of The Bible – enjoyable read with info on oils used in Bible times as well as how they can be used today.
- Modern Essentials (9th Edition) – the essential oils Bible! It has all the uses of the oils as well as an index by medical issue.
- The Essential Life (4th Edition) – another great reference to use for more than 600 health concerns. It also has some wonderful recipes for food and personal products!
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy – over 800 natural recipes for yourself, your health and your home.
- Emotions and Essential Oils (6th Edition) – My guidebook for all the emotional therapy I’ll be helping my clients with.
- Essential Oils for Dogs – downloadable pdf with great info!